Raita is a yoghurt-based side dish usually made to accompany biryani, pulao or kebabs. Raita is mostly made with fresh raw vegetables like onions, tomatoes, cucumber and mint leaves with an addition of mild spice powders and herbs.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
(For Tomato, Onion, Cucumber Raita)
- Yoghurt, beaten – ½ kg
- Tomato, in 1 cm dice – 1
- Onion, finely chopped – 1
- Cucumber, finely chopped – 1
- Coriander, chopped – ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp, (toasted and coarsely ground)
- Sugar – to taste
- Kashmiri mirch powder – for garnishing
- Zeera, roasted and ground – for garnishing
- Combine yoghurt, tomato, onion, cucumber, coriander, cumin seeds and a pinch of sugar in a serving bowl.
- Add season to taste and add more sugar if the Raita is sour.
- Garnish with Kashmiri mirch powder and zeera.